Muyiwa Ariyo is the Deputy Managing Director of MBCL. Prior to his appointment, he was the Executive Chairman of Zircon Advisory Partners Limited, a Company with interest in Insurance, Financial Intermediation, Advisory, Commodities, Rentals and Properties.
His Investment Banking career spans over 13 years, working for Greenwich Trust Limited, one of the foremost Investment Banking Firms in Nigeria, from where he resigned as the Executive Director in charge of the Investment Management Division. His responsibilities covered the Core Business Subsidiaries such as Greenwich Asset Management Limited and Greenwich Securities Limited. He was also responsible for the business activities of the branches. Prior to his appointment as the ED, Investment Management, Muyiwa was in the Investment Banking Division where he headed the Capital Issues department and led several landmark transactions.
He graduated from the University of Ibadan with a B.A. degree in Philosophy and an MBA from the Lagos Business School. He is an Alumnus of the Lagos Business School and also of Nanyang Business School, Singapore. He has attended several courses (local & international) on Corporate Finance, Financial Modeling, Initial Public Offerings, Market Making, Securities Lending, Mergers and Acquisition.
Some key transactions handled by Muyiwa Ariyo
- Project Coordinator, Sale of 40% Equity stake in Wema Bank Plc to SW8 Investment Limited-2009
- Team Member in the Tourist Company of Nigeria Plc N5.2bn Core Investor Sales, 2009
- Technical Adviser in the Wema Bank Plc N9.3bn Special Placing, 2010
- Transaction member, Sale 39.99% Equity Stake of DN Meyer Plc to new Core Investors-2010
- Transaction Adviser in the Wema Bank Plc Divestment of Subsidiaries, 2011
- Transaction member, Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON) Issuance of N1.7 Trillion Zero-Coupon Bond Due 2013, 2011
- Team Member, Local Contractors Receivables Management Limited (LCR) N359,462,000,000 Bond Issuance Programme, 1st Tranche of N112,221,904,000, 2011
- Team Member, Local Contractors Receivables Management Limited (LCR) N359,462,000,000 Bond Issuance Programme, II Tranche of N90,929,440,776.66.
- Team Member, Ekiti State Government N25bn Bond Issuance Programme, 2011
- Transaction member, Osun State Government N30bn Bond Issuance Programme, 2012
- Transaction Member, NAHCO Aviance N5bn Issuance Programme, 1st Tranche of N2.15bn, 2011
- Transaction member and Adviser to United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) N400bn Corporate Bond, 2011
- Team Lead to the Transaction Team that handled the Zamfara State Government N18.75bn Debt Issuance Programme- 2013